Children Share Sign Language and Learning and Love
With high expectations, we reach for the stars with the lives of our children.
The Kinder Stars classroom is set up for the last performance and party of the year.
The Kinder Stars are in their places and waiting to shine for their proud parents.
Performances Let Children Shine in the Eyes of Their Parents
Parents watch their Kinders sing and sign the ABC Sign Language and Phonics song, by Nellie Edge. Fifth grade reading buddies hold the language chart.
Children sing and sign spelling songs: M-O-M spells Mom… D-A-D spells Dad, and L-O-V-E spells Love…and continue with “Love is something if you give it away...” (Magic Penny)
Then the children reveal their heart necklaces. (hidden underneath their shirts so no one can see them)… “Now,” says teacher Celeste Starr, “We better go give our love away to someone special.
Each child goes into the audience to give their love—in the form of a heart necklace—away. “My mom hugged me when I gave my love necklace to her,” exclaimed this happy boy.
After the Song and ASL Performance, Each Child Becomes a Shooting Star
The families form a human tunnel while classical music is playing. As their name is called out, each child becomes a shooting star as they run through the tunnel to first grade!
Everyone cheers and smiles and celebrates! “Wow— I’m a star!”
Then families come into the classroom to continue the celebration of learning and children proudly share their art portfolios.
Happy family memories are built around school learning celebrations.
It's time for one last picture with our teacher, Celeste Starr. Children were heard saying, “This was the best party ever!”
ASL performance included:
- I Pledge Allegiance by Lee Greenwood, American Patriot CD,
- ABC Sing Language and Phonics Song by Nellie Edge, Music is Magic CD
- L-O-V-E Spells Love and M-O-M Spells Mom by Nellie Edge, Music is Magic CD
- Magic Penny by Malvina Reynolds, Music is Magic CD
- What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong, Chicken Soup for Little Souls CD
We are responsible for the memories of childhood and we’re in charge of celebrations.
Online Video Tutorials + Resources
See how easy it is to study with Nellie Edge Online Seminars!
Grow Your Kindergarten Writers Build Stamina for the Writing Workshop
• ABC Phonics
• Kindergarten Handwriting
• Authentic Sight Word Work
Nellie Edge teaches you essential skills designed from 30 years of experience. These proven early writing strategies keep learning active and authentic.
- Three 1-hour video tutorials with practical content you can use right away
- Multisensory ABC and Phonics Immersion
- Kindergarten-Friendly Handwriting Matters!
- Authentic Sight Word Work
- Watch, study and review at your own pace
- $159 of classroom resources ready to download
All three only $117 or individual $59 ea. With unlimited access.