Nellie Edge Small "Best Practices" Live Workshops
Can't Attend? Study with Nellie Edge Online Seminars...
Grow Your Kindergarten Writers!
Summer Writing Institute
Presented by award-winning
kindergarten teachers, researchers, and authors Nellie Edge and Julie Lay
TBA - Washington 2019
Scholarships available for NBCTs and teachers
who have studied kindergarten writing with Nellie Edge
Save $200 on Writing Institute Registration!
“Nellie Edge Seminars helped mold me into the accomplished teacher I am today. I became a Nationally Board Certified Teacher because of the type of classroom and teaching style I have. I wouldn’t have this style without Nellie Edge!”
–Katy Anholt, NBCT
During This Professional Development You Will Learn:
- How to raise your expectations and teach joyfully.
- What kindergarten writing standards look like and how to scaffold success for ALL learners.
- How to talk to young writers and why ALL learners deserve our highest expectation. •
- Kindergarten-Friendly Handwriting strategies—and how they help build the reading and writing brain!
- Multisensory ABC and Phonics Immersion strategies that dramatically accelerate learning.
- Fluency-building strategies with high-frequency "heart words" and sentences.
- How to organize and introduce favorite Independent Writing Center Totes.
“We can choose to spoon-feed our children or we can teach them to be independent, self-regulated learners.” - NE
- Essential components of a Comprehensive Writing Workshop Model with a rich oral language foundation.
- Strategies for teaching children to make three kinds of "Really Cool Books." (You will have samples of these books in your gift folder.)
- How to use mentor texts, poetry, and songs to build oral language patterns for narrative, opinion, and information writing.
- Key principles to organizing writing workshop folders, creating Science Notebooks, and implementing Weekend News Journals.
- How to publish children’s books and honor kindergarten writers: from impromptu celebrations to “sitting in the author’s chair!”
- Proven strategies for turning kindergartners into researchers who do “really big work.”
- Practical and engaging ways to involve Parents as Partners in providing drawing and writing activities at home.
- Authentic assessment practices that inform instruction!
"Superb! The most useful and practical seminar I have had in over 20+ years.
It takes the scare out of the Common Core."
"…the most engaging and informative seminar I have ever been to."
Your Registration Includes Writing Supports
Teacher's Power Guide Book and CD
Writing Workshop Guide and templates
Gift Folder (anthologies, drawing templates, book making samples)
Principals (or Literacy Coaches) Attend Free!
Principals (or literacy coaches) attend free when accompanied by 4 or more teachers from their school.
After registering your group email us with your name, title, and school district.
- Confirmation Letter
- Seminar Agenda
- Cancellation Policy
- Hotel and Travel Information
- Scholarship Information
- (New) Learn to Strum the Baritone Ukulele
- (New) Announcing Nellie Edge 2018 Professional Development Schedule
- (New) How Kindergarten Children Learn: Our Teaching Philosophy including My Philosophy In Action Notebook
- Our Vision and Challenge
- Our 10 Highest-Impact Kindergarten Writing Practices
- Uniquely Qualified Instructor
- Nellie Edge University of the Pacific Credit Options
- Practicum Suggestions
- Bringing a Nellie Edge Seminar to Your District
Your Colleagues Evaluate
love how all of the information is current and relevant to today’s students and the standards...
Best I've been to in 35 years!
You put the fun back into teaching and learning.