Celebrate Language and Create a Culture of Kindergarten Book Lovers!
with Nellie Edge and Master Kindergarten Teacher Colleagues
Limited to 75 teachers for a quality experience.
Receive up to 6 Professional Development Credits or 12 Washington Clock Hours
Early Registration Special
$379 through March 15, 2020
Regular registration: $479
Want to have the best kindergarten year ever?
Start with well-loved kindergarten songs, dances, story dramas, poems, action chants, and management strategies from master kindergarten teachers. Discover joyful teaching and learning lessons that honor childhood, accelerate learning, and enhance any literacy adoptions! Great for English Language Learners.
In just 2 engaging days learn how to:
- Bring back the out-loud culture: With happy hearts we dance and sing! Oral language and community are the first curriculum priority.
- Begin the day and create smooth transition times with rituals, traditions, and management strategies that honor childhood and nurture friendship. Teach children to work hard and be kind.
- Create a culture of book lovers with favorite predictable literature, book lovers rituals, quality nonfiction, and Home/School Book Clubs.
- Develop social emotional skills and create opportunities for children to play
- Implement proven strategies to create “I Can Read’ notebooks that are a home-school treasure: Bridge oral language to print.
- Make friends with Mother Goose in active and memorable ways that build phonemic awareness and reading acquisition
- Discover the power of poetry: Give children the most exquisite language we speak to memorize, recite, illustrate, perform—and read!
- Use weather rituals, sciencing songs, spelling chants, sign language, and voracious vocabulary learning games: Take advantage of how the brain learns best
- Use finger plays, fingerspelling, and coactive rhymes to develop language, literacy, math, and social skills
- Involve Parents as Partners: Multiply your teaching effectiveness all year long!
Nellie Edge will be joined by a team of master Oregon kindergarten teachers
Complimentary Baritone Ukulélé lessons are a part of our Summer Celebrations: Take your musical teaching to a higher level! Join us in Oregon. (Lessons are limited to the first 10 teachers who preregister)
- Summer Institue Funding Request
- Nellie Edge Kindergarten Cadre Scholarships
- See glimpses of these strategies in diverse kindergartens on our Celebrate Language page
- Teachers Evaluate Professional Development with Nellie Edge
- My Teaching Philosophy: How Children Learn
- Learn to Strum Baritone Ukulélé
- Cancellation Policy
About Nellie Edge
For more than three decades, Nellie Edge has been teaching and inspiring kindergarten teachers around the globe. Her proven literacy strategies are grounded in evidence-based research. Teachers everywhere have seen higher student achievement and joyful, engaged learners when they’ve followed her proven practices and used her extensive resources.
Read more about Nellie Edge.
Can't Attend Live? Study with Nellie Edge Online Seminars...
Take a MasterClass in Kindergarten Writing Foundations
Distance Learning Special: All 3 Online Seminars $79
EACH SEMINAR INCLUDES
Step-by-Step Video Tutorials • Resources Included
University Credits Available!
All 3 for $79. Use checkout code: special79
Choose any one for $39. code: summer39