Celebrate Language and Create a Culture of Kindergarten Book Lovers!
with Nellie Edge and Master Kindergarten Teacher Colleagues
Limited to 75 teachers for a quality experience.
July, 2020, Details TBA | Salem, OR
Salem Conference Center and Grand Hotel | 8:30am - 3:30pm
Want to have the best kindergarten year ever?
Start with well-loved kindergarten songs, dances, story dramas, poems, action chants, and management strategies from master kindergarten teachers. Discover joyful teaching and learning strategies that honor childhood, accelerate learning, and enhance any literacy adoptions!
In just 2 engaging days learn how to:
- Bring back the out-loud culture: With happy hearts we dance and sing! Oral language and community are the first curriculum priority.
- Begin the day and create smooth transition times with rituals, traditions, and management strategies that honor childhood and nurture friendship. Teach children to work hard and be kind.
- Create a culture of book lovers with favorite predictable literature, books that sing and rhyme, quality nonfiction, and Read-at-Home Book Clubs.
- Develop social emotional skills and create opportunities for children to play
- Implement proven strategies to create “I Can Read’ notebooks that are a home-school treasure: Bridge oral language to print.
- Make friends with Mother Goose in active and memorable ways that build phonemic awareness and reading acquisition
- Discover the power of poetry: Give children the most exquisite language we speak to memorize, recite, illustrate, perform—and read!
- Use weather rituals, sciencing songs, spelling chants, sign language, and voracious vocabulary learning games: Take advantage of how the brain learns best
- Use finger plays, fingerspelling, and coactive rhymes to develop language, literacy, math, and social skills
- Involve Parents as Partners: Multiply your teaching effectiveness all year long!
Nellie Edge will be joined by a team of master Oregon kindergarten teachers
Complimentary Baritone Ukulélé lessons are a part of our Summer Celebrations: Take your musical teaching to a higher level! Join us in Oregon and Washington. (Lessons are limited to the first 10 teachers who preregister)
Principals (or Literacy Coaches) Attend Free!
Principals (or literacy coaches) attend free when accompanied by 4 or more teachers from their school.
After registering your group email us with your name, title, and school district.
- Confirmation Letter (Update Coming)
- See glimpses of these strategies in diverse kindergartens on our Celebrate Language page
- Teachers Evaluate Professional Development with Nellie Edge
- My Teaching Philosophy: How Children Learn
- Kindergarten Cadre Scholarships
- Learn to Strum Baritone Ukulélé
- Cancellation Policy
About Nellie Edge
For more than three decades, Nellie Edge has been teaching and inspiring kindergarten teachers around the globe. Her proven literacy strategies are grounded in evidence-based research. Teachers everywhere have seen higher student achievement and joyful, engaged learners when they’ve followed her proven practices and used her extensive resources.
Read more about Nellie Edge.
Can't Attend Live? Study with Nellie Edge Online Seminars...
Take a Master Class in Kindergarten Writing Foundations this summer!
$99 for ALL 3 Nellie Edge Online Seminars
EACH SEMINAR INCLUDES
Step-by-Step Video Tutorials • Companion Teacher's Guide
Coordinating Classroom Resources!
USE CODE AT CHECKOUT: summer99
Includes unlimited access and optional PD credits