The following are a sampling from Kindergarten Writing and the Common Core: Joyful Pathways to Accelerated Literacy
by Nellie Edge
All children love to draw and make books!
Kid Writing Workshop Paper Choices
Consider Starting the Year with Blank Writing Pages
- My Drawing and Writing Book landscape (New)
- My Drawing and Writing Book portrait (New)
- Kid Writing Workshop Details: Paper Choice and Details Matter (New)
- A Kid Writing Lesson with Julie Lay: Using Speech Bubbles (New)
- Great Drawing, Writing, and Word Work Resources – Where to Get Them
- Kindergartners Learn to Write Two Kinds of Words
- Why Do Kindergarten Teachers Recommend Using Colored Markers for Writing Text?
- Writing Workshop Time with Katie Nelson
- News Stories: An Engaging Way to Inspire Young Writers
- Ouch! News (with space for adult writing)
- Ouch! News (traditional lined spaces)
- Bad/Sad News (with space for adult writing)
- Bad/Sad News (traditional lined spaces)
- Friend News (with space for adult writing)
- Friend News (traditional lined spaces)
- Family News (with space for adult writing)
- Family News (traditional lined spaces)
ABC Phonics Dictionary Pages for Writing Workshop
Teaching for Fluency with High-frequency Pink & Purple "Heart Words"
Take a MasterClass: Best Practices for teaching "heart words" with Nellie Edge Online Seminars
Includes the complete set of templates
You will learn how to teach, assess, involve Parents as Partners, and celebrate mastery with pink, purple, yellow, and green "heart words".
Sing, Sign, Spell and Read! Program
Play Dough Mats: ABC and Fingerspelling Literacy Center
- For the newest set of ABC Play Dough Mats see our Nellie Edge TpT Store
ABC Sign Language Guides for Play Dough and Word Work
Nellie Edge Read and Sing Family Book Club
To get started, download:
- Build a Love of Literacy through Song Picture Books (2017 update coming Sept. 10)
- Practical Tips for Starting the Read and Sing Family Book Club (2017 update coming Sept. 10)
- Book Club Envelope Cover
- Book Tote Label
- Parent Letter
- How to Use The Neurological Impress Method
- Purchase Guided Read & Sing Books
The Elephant and Piggie Book Club
Meet the challenge of Rigorous Common Core Standards in writing!
Give children the gift of lifelong habits for legible handwriting beginning with their name.
Great Drawing, Writing, and Word Work Resources – Where to Get Them
ABC Beads are available at Wal-Mart, Dollar Store, and Craft Stores.
Alphabet Mats are available online from alphabetmats.com and provide a great multisensory experience with letters.
ABC Phonics Flash Cards and Boxes for “Heart Words” (We love to give children the gift of words in a sturdy little box!) “Heart words” sets for volunteers to cut are held together with a 1” ring. We purchase the boxes at papermart.com. 1-800-745-8800. They are called #33 Natural Jewelry Box 3½ x 3½ x 1. Item number 455533.
Bare Books: For publishing children’s stories. Bare Books, 800 255-9228 or online at barebooks.com. (We like Bare Board Chunky Books, 6” x 8”, approx. $1.65 each. Item #3602)
The Daily 5 Kindergarten DVD filmed by Joan’s kindergarten with Gail Boushey and Joan Moser, “The Sisters.” See stenhouse.com (1-800-988-9812) or their website thedailycafe.com for additional video clips and support; consider joining their quality website.
Erasable Crayons: In either 12-color or 24-color sets, can be ordered through Bare Books, 1-800-255-9228 or online at barebooks.com.
Fingerspelling Font: Available for purchase at Educational Fontware or 1-800-806-2155. On left side of page, click on “Buy New Academic Single User License”; in center of page, scroll all the way down to “Nellie Edge Special – Finger Letters only, no CD, $5.” Click on “Buy Now.”
High-Frequency Word Stamps: (for making “Stamp and Read Skinny Books”) Durable, hardwood stamps in a set of 6: “I, see, a, this, is, the.” (Two six-word sets keep four children occupied at the bookmaking/word study center.) Available online only at our Online Store.
Have you discovered all the FREE Nellie Edge resources on Teachers Pay Teachers?
Follow us on Nellie Edge Teachers Pay Teachers Store! You will find our growing collection of resources that support our joyful approach to accelerated literacy will be available easily and affordably.