Here’s a New 22-page FREEBIE for You!
Download badges, certificates, and year-end support
- 4 printable "heart word" badges
- Pink, purple, yellow, and green printable certificates
- Brain-friendly practices for teaching sight words
- “All About Heart Word Songs with QR Codes”
- “How Kindergarten Handwriting Reinforces Heart Words”
- Blog: Build Circles of Kindergarten Writing Mastery
Accelerate Word Work: Students and Parents Appreciate Crystal-Clear Learning Targets!
All photos used with permission
Students love the challenge of practicing each new color-coded set of “heart words” at home! (From Celeste Starr’s kindergarten)
Thank you to Suzanne Feblowitz for sharing on my Facebook page how she celebrates: She said, Nellie! I made these buttons for my Heart Words, and the students are more inspired to learn the words because they get a button after learning each set of heart words. Now they want to collect them all! It has been amazing!
Did You Know? Nellie Edge Kindergarten Sight Word Program (a.k.a. “Heart Words”) is a Best Practices model developed in diverse Northwest kindergartens.
This is multisensory learning strategy with proven success:
- Provides crystal-clear learning targets
- Differentiates instruction
- Involves Parents as Partners with easy actionable at-home practice
- Provides an art-rich TAG Learning Model for ALL students
- Integrates handwriting and sight word work with engaging writing experiences
The Sight Word BUNDLE (below) includes the first 6 Sight Word products