Give Families Actionable Resources to Support Kindergarten Success:
This Family-Friendly Learning Calendars Build Literacy!
Let your monthly calendar be a gentle reminder for families to sing, talk, dance, and read with their children every day.
- Tell stories
- Explore nature
- Memorize and recite rhymes
- Talk about “kindergarten kindness”
- Learn self-help skills
Our work in establishing and supporting meaningful family learning traditions is some of the most important work kindergarten teachers do.
- We do NOT believe in giving families meaningless worksheets to do at home.
- We DO believe in sharing actionable resources families can use to build skills and joyful memories.
This Is Our MOST POPULAR Resource on TPT!
Our 12-month Editable Kindergarten Family Learning Calendar will always be 50% off—with FREE yearly updates—this is our commitment to meaningful family involvement!
Download our FREEBIE: April, May, June Calendar pages now: Give them to your kindergarten families! (Includes parent letters and Summer Reading Logs)
What do meaningful family literacy traditions look like?
Photo compliments of Marion-Polk Early Learning Hub
“Children are made readers on the laps of their parents.” ― Emilie Buchwald
Motivated kindergartners love practicing “heart word” at home!
(Photos used with permission from parents and teachers)
Honor family life with authentic and meaningful learning activities!
- Build the nightly reading-at-home tradition
- Include actionable ways for families to reinforce foundational literacy and math skills
- Emphasize rich oral language traditions: singing, rhyming, and storytelling
- Include a focus on social-emotional and self-help skills: from kindergarten kindness to shoe-tying
- Encourages voracious vocabulary building: Ornithologists study birds!
- Offers differentiated learning both in depth of learning and time required for activity
- Promote great family conversations
- A Family Guide to Growing Readers
- Editable Kindergarten Homework Calendars
- Kindergarten Round-Up "Parents as Partners" Guide to Literacy
- Kindergarten Round-Up Presentation 96-Page Guide
- CALENDARS and MORE ARE INCLUDED!
Note: The calendars are part of the resources included with Nellie Edge Online Seminars (NEOS).
Each year I have families who request homework for their "littles".... There are so many activities that families can do together in place of paper/pencil homework. These pages allow me to send homework but in a manner that will work with families....and they are editable!
Great—I like that I can easily edit to add Canadian holidays and spelling.
I have been using these monthly homework calendars in my classroom for the past three school years. This new update is getting me ready for year four. It's such a fantastic way to enhance what it being learned in the classroom and create open lines of communication between school and home. Thanks for making quality products for busy teachers and busy kindergarten families!
What a great way to share simple things families can do at home together! This takes care of all the homework issues I get every year - some families want it, some don't. Now they can choose and understand what we do in Kindergarten! Thank you!!
Fun ideas that really get families talking and reading and exploring and singing! Excellent calendar for the entire year, summer included.