Give families the BEST spring registration—and have the best kindergarten year EVER!
Kindergarten Round-Up (or Spring Registration) is the golden opportunity to motivate parents to become partners in their child’s kindergarten success!
4 Ways to Multiply Your Teaching Effectiveness
Parents have spring and ALL SUMMER LONG to sing, talk, dance, and read with their children and build skills for success in kindergarten.
Parents deserve to know how to support their child’s success in kindergarten literacy. Your investment of time and energy in a powerful spring Kindergarten Round-Up program will demonstrate How to Have the Best Year Ever: We promise!
4 Things Families Can Do BEFORE Kindergarten Starts:
- Memorize Mother Goose rhymes (Booklet of rhymes FREE on Nellie Edge TpT Store). Print copies of your favorites to share with families.
Rhymers are readers! –Marie Clay
- Teach the ABC Phonics: Sing, Sign, and Read! song. Introduce children to the FREE ASL video clips and Family Reference Chart. During Kindergarten Round-Up, teach parents and children the first 4 letters together. Challenge families to teach their children this entire ABC Phonics song with accurate fingerspelling before kindergarten starts. (Some children will have already learned it in preschool.) Learn more about ABC Phonics.
- Help each child learn to print their name and hold a pencil efficiently. Show parents how to be partners in kindergarten-friendly handwriting, drawing, and writing.
- Read wonderful books together every day—visit the library often and establish nightly reading traditions: Our Family Guide to Reading will make a Difference!
96-page Power Guide
Kindergarten Round-Up Presentation: Parents as Partners in Kindergarten Success
Use all or portions of this Nellie Edge PowerPoint presentation to inspire your new kindergarten families to build literacy skills all summer and all year long.
Our editable Family Learning Calendars suggest hundreds of activities that families can do with their kindergartners throughout the school year. Includes self-help skills and social and emotional skills. Also included are Reading Logs and 10 editable parent letters.
Editable Family-Friendly Calendars Includes 10 parent letters and reading logs.
See if this product is right for you!
FREE Yearly updates
The August-July 2022-2023 school calendar is NOW AVAILABLE!
Our commitment to meaningful family literacy:
- FREE April-May-June Family Learning Calendar
- FREE Mother Goose Rhyme Book
- FREE Kids in the Kitchen recipes
- FREE Play Dough Mats: abc and Fingerspelling
- FREE We Love Lists! Printables and Lessons
- FREE ABC Phonics Family Reference Chart and Support