Teaching with Music and Movement Is How the Brain Learns Best!
1. PBS Kids - Enjoy the world of children’s books, Sesame Street, and Mr. Roger’s Neighborhood. What a treat to hear read-alouds from Michelle Obama!
2. Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems - Mo Willems with his Elephant and Piggie books is one of our favorite author/illustrators. He will charm children as he teaches how to doodle and draw.
3. Jack Hartmann on YouTube - Jack Hartmann’s wife is a kindergarten teacher, and between the two of them, they understand the heart of kindergartners! One of our favorite songs is his version of “Tooty Ta.”
4. TheLearningStation: Teachers and students all need brain breaks, and dancing to these engaging songs is a great way to exercise the body and mind. Start with “Boom Chicka Boom!”
5. Pancake Manor offers delightful puppets, lots of videos for brain breaks with Zach, Reggie, and Lulu. Teachers and kids especially enjoy the adapted version of Head and Shoulders.
6. Super Simple Songs is just what the name implies! The brain is a musical brain, and you are sure to find some simple songs that will make learning fun: “Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.”
8. Dr. Jean has enriched kindergarten teaching everywhere with her delightful cheers, from “Give a Round of Applause” to “Here Comes the Roller Coaster” applause.
10. Nellie Edge YouTube Channel features musical videos that will help you grow your kindergarten writers and delight their families!