6. Give students choice and ownership of their writing pieces. Publish kindergartners’ writing in simple and delightful ways so children see themselves as young authors and illustrators all year long.
Writers don’t improve their craft unless they have a real purpose, a real audience, and a real investment in their writing. -Mem Fox
Want to take your writing program to a higher level of excellence?
Free Writing Templates to Support Your Writing Workshop
Consider starting the year with “My Drawing and Writing Book” templates in horizontal format. Print on 80# paper so pens will not bleed through.
Children learn “you get to write in the white!” Teacher provides underwriting in the gray or in continuous text at the bottom of the paper (depending on their teaching focus) ONLY until the child’s writing is proficient. Note: Kid writing paper automatically teaches children to write within every other line.
Download horizontal and vertical Kid Writing paper templates from Nellie Edge Freebies page.
- Kindergarten Handwriting Program
- Complete Nellie Edge “Heart Word” Program
- Family Kindergarten Homework Calendars (available in editable and PDF formats with free yearly updates)
- Nellie Edge Kindergarten Writing Program
Enjoy the growing collection of Nellie Edge Kindergarten Resources and Save 50% off for the first 48 hours a product is listed.
Simple click this link to be notified of new products.
Take a MasterClass in Kindergarten Writing Foundations
Distance Learning Special: All 3 Online Seminars $79
EACH SEMINAR INCLUDES
Step-by-Step Video Tutorials • Resources Included
University Credits Available!
All 3 for $79. Use checkout code: special79
Choose any one for $39. code: summer39