Want to take your writing program to a higher level of excellence?
Join Nellie Edge and Julie Lay
July 19-20, 2018 in Salem, Oregon
for our 6th Annual Summer Kindergarten Writing Institute.
Nellie Edge and Julie Lay will show you how to build a culture of kindergarten writers.
Grow Your Kindergarten Writers!
Why do teachers attend the Nellie Edge Writing PD multiple times? See 2017 Kindergarten Writing Institute evaluations.
I love that phonics and sight words and reading and writing were all blended for authentic learning. –Brenda Bolden, kindergarten teacher
Free Writing Templates to Support Your Writing Workshop
Consider starting the year with “My Drawing and Writing Book” templates in horizontal format. Print on 80# paper so pens will not bleed through.
Free Writing Templates
Children learn “you get to write in the white!” Teacher provides underwriting in the gray or in continuous text at the bottom of the paper (depending on their teaching focus) ONLY until the child’s writing is proficient. Note: Kid writing paper automatically teaches children to write within every other line.
- My Drawing and Writing Book landscape
- My Drawing and Writing Book portrait (New)
- Kid Writing Workshop Details: Paper Choice and Details Matter
- A Kid Writing Lesson with Julie Lay: Using Speech Bubbles
- Great Drawing, Writing, and Word Work Resources – Where to Get Them
- Kindergartners Learn to Write Two Kinds of Words
- Why Do Kindergarten Teachers Recommend Using Colored Markers for Writing Text?
New TpT resources from Nellie Edge:
Family Kindergarten Homework Calendars (available in editable and PDF formats with free yearly updates)
Complete Nellie Edge “Heart Word” Program
Enjoy the growing collection of Nellie Edge Kindergarten Resources and Save 50% off for the first 48 hours a product is listed.
Simple click this link to be notified of new products.