Discover the Easiest, Most Delightful Way to Teach ABC Phonics Skills
We invite you to scroll down and view an authentic literacy program that is multisensory, elegantly simple, and joyfully builds phonics—and writing skills...!
Do your children love learning letters and sounds?
Discover elegantly simple multisensory strategies that children love!
- Fingerspelling builds kinesthetic memory hooks for learning letters and sounds.
ABC Phonics: Sing, Sign, and Read!
by Nellie Edge and Sign2Me Early Learning
Children deserve a beautiful book and CD with quality art that is worthy of their attention.
- ABC Phonics books, charts, wall cards, and new DVD are available to purchase at Amazon.com and Sign2Me.com
- 20 Days to Mastery with 26 Letters and Sounds!
- About the author, Nellie Edge
- Fingerspelling builds small muscle skills for handwriting.
- Enjoy an engaging book featuring sign language and scenes from nature.
- Children love to fingerspell and sign favorite animals! Turtle’s head goes up and down.
- Build comprehension for English language learners: create internal images of language.
Learn to Fingerspell and Sign with these Free Vidoes
Take Advantage of How the Brain Learns Best: Children Love to Sing, Sign, and Read!
"Parent as Partners"—Multiplying Our Teaching Effectiveness
- Download Family Reference Chart (with permission to make copies when used with the ABC Phonics: Sing, Sign, and Read! program.)
- Parents as Partners: Why We Teach American Sign Language
- Parents as Partners in ABC Phonics Learning(information about flash cards)
- ABC Phonics Family Reference Chart Letter
- Miniature ASL Reference Charts
- Send Your Students a Welcome Letter: Fingerspell Your Name!
- Give families an ABC Phonics Literacy Gift
- ABC Phonics Challenge: Parent Letter
Vertical and Horizontal ABC Charts available
Turn this Family ABC Reference Chart into refrigerator art! Consider laminating each chart and attaching magnetic tape: Parents love this gift!
Cards made from Horizontal ABC Wall Chart
A note about refrigerator art: The individual abc cards are from the Family ABC Reference Chart which is generously provided free by Sign2Me Early Learning for families using the program. A parent may choose to cut, mount, and laminate each letter of the chart and attach magnets to the back.
Joyful Pathways to the Common Core:
Building the Reading Brain
Give All Children Talented and Gifted (TAG) Experiences
Our ABC Phonics Program is the Foundation for Joyful Accelerated Literacy and Profound Writing Gains
Kindergarten Writing and the Common Core: Teach High-Frequency "Heart Words"
Surround Children with Fingerspelling and Consistent ABC Phonics Symbols
Create a magnetic ABC Phonics Word Wall
Props are included with Nellie Edge Online Seminar #1 Multisensory ABC and Phonics Immersion: Building the Reading Brain.
Word Wall Cards connect with high-frequency "heart words" (made from Vertical Wall Chart)
Children Sing, Sign, and Perform Language!
- Children love to practice their new skills
- Parents love to see the enthusiasm and motivation for learning.
- Teachers love the accelerated literacy gains.
“Come sing, sign, and read with me!”
ABC Phonics Resources
ABC Phonics Related Blog Articles
Make These Practices Routine in Your Classroom
Study with Nellie Edge Online Seminars
Grow Your Kindergarten Writers Build Stamina for the Writing Workshop
• ABC Phonics
• Kindergarten Handwriting
• Authentic Sight Word Work
Your Professional Development just got easier!
3 Seminars for $39 each ($59 Individually)
With on-demand, unlimited access you can study at your own pace.
- Each seminar is divided into chapters of practical, targeted content
- Each includes a 100+ page Teachers' Power Guide: A comprehensive seminar companion
- Optional 1-3 Professional Development credits with Seminar-specific practicum projects.
Includes all your resources, organized for the classroom.