ABC Phonics: Sing, Sign, and Read!
The Fastest, Most Delightful Way to Learn ABC and Phonics Skills and Build the Reading Brain!
We invite you to scroll down and view an authentic literacy program that is multisensory, elegantly simple, and joyfully builds phonics—and life skills...!
Do your children love learning letters and sounds?
Discover elegantly simple multisensory strategies that children love!
- Fingerspelling builds kinesthetic memory hooks for learning letters and sounds.
ABC Phonics: Sing, Sign, and Read!
by Nellie Edge and Sign2Me Early Learning
Children deserve a beautiful book and CD with quality art that is worthy of their attention.
- ABC Phonics books, charts, wall cards, and new DVD are available to purchase at Amazon.com and Sign2Me.com
- 20 Days to Mastery with 26 Letters and Sounds!
- About the author, Nellie Edge
- Fingerspelling builds small muscle skills for handwriting.
- Enjoy an engaging book featuring sign language and scenes from nature.
- Children love to fingerspell and sign favorite animals! Turtle’s head goes up and down.
- Build comprehension for English language learners: create internal images of language.
Children are engaged and focused—the optimum state for language learning. 45 page e-book. (updated 9-2015)
Finally, an ABC and Phonics program that provides challenge for early proficient readers. These children will soon be reading the description of how to make each sign.
Watch these videos and learn along with your children.
Take Advantage of How the Brain Learns Best: Children Love to Sing, Sign, and Read!
"Parent as Partners"—Multiplying Our Teaching Effectiveness
- Download Family Reference Chart (with permission to make copies when used with the ABC Phonics: Sing, Sign, and Read! program.)
- Parents as Partners: Why We Teach American Sign Language
- Parents as Partners in ABC Phonics Learning
(information about flash cards)
- ABC Phonics Family Reference Chart Letter
- Miniature ASL Reference Charts
- Send Your Students a Welcome Letter: Fingerspell Your Name!
- Give families an ABC Phonics Literacy Gift
- ABC Phonics Challenge: Parent Letter
Vertical and Horizontal ABC Charts available
Turn this Family ABC Reference Chart into refrigerator art! Consider laminating each chart and attaching magnetic tape: Parents love this gift!
Cards made from Horizontal ABC Wall Chart
A note about refrigerator art: The individual abc cards are from the Family ABC Reference Chart which is generously provided free by Sign2Me Early Learning for families using the program. A parent may choose to cut, mount, and laminate each letter of the chart and attach magnets to the back.
Joyful Pathways to the Common Core:
Building the Reading Brain
Give All Children Talented and Gifted (TAG) Experiences
Our ABC Phonics Program is the Foundation for Joyful Accelerated Literacy and Profound Writing Gains
Kindergarten Writing and the Common Core: Teach High-Frequency "Heart Words"
Surround Children with Fingerspelling and Consistent ABC Phonics Symbols
Create a magnetic ABC Phonics Word Wall
Word Wall Cards connect with high-frequency "heart words" (made from Vertical Wall Chart)
Children Sing, Sign, and Perform Language!
- Children love to practice their new skills
- Parents love to see the enthusiasm and motivation for learning.
- Teachers love the accelerated literacy gains.
“Come sing, sign, and read with me!”
ABC Phonics Resources
ABC Phonics Related Articles
Make these strategies routine in your classroom:
Learn more about Nellie Edge Online Seminars below.
Enjoy 10 pages from the 100-page comprehensive Power Guide included with Seminar #1.
Nellie Edge Online Seminars: The Foundation
The Foundation Online Seminars
Each seminar features one of our highest-impact, proven literacy strategies, all while looking at the deeper learning.
Multisensory ABC Phonics Immersion: Building the Reading Brain
Keep learning active, authentic, and engage all modalities to build the reading brain.
Kindergarten-Friendly Handwriting Matters!
Give children the gift of lifelong habits for legible handwriting beginning with their name.
High-Frequency “Heart Words”
Use music, art, drama, and sign language to enhance children’s intrinsic motivation for learning.
Purchase all 3 Seminars for $39 each ($59 Individually)
Your Professional Development just got easier this summer — and all year long!
With on-demand, unlimited access you can start watching now, study over the summer, and review anytime!
- Each Online Seminar is divided into 6 chapters of practical, targeted content
- Includes the 100+ page Power Guide: A comprehensive seminar companion with resource connections.
Optional 1-3 Professional Development credits with Seminar-specific practicum projects. Read more
Includes all of the seminar resources, organized and ready to use in your classroom ($159 value).